Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Disciplines

Today is the first day of my fellowship and I want to share with you how I will analyze my experiences during the twenty-three day fellowship tour. If you were to ask any of my students, they would tell you that I breakdown down the social studies subject into eight specific disciplines. These disciplines are Sociology, Psychology, History, Economics, Political Science, Religion, Geography, and Anthropology/Archaeology. These disciplines are the lenses though which I view the world everyday of my life. Some observations stem from my personal interests and natural curiosities, others observations stem from my professional training. Below are the definitions I use when I focus on these topics.

 Sociology- The study of group dynamics

 Psychology- The study of individual behaviors and the human mind

History- The study of the events from the past

Economics- The study of supply and demand and the relationship between consumers and producers

Political Science- The study of government and law

Religion- The study of human spirituality

Geography- The study of land, land forms, and land features

Anthropology/Archaeology- Anthropology is the study of early human ancestry and Archaeology is the study of early human history through excavation of site and artifact evaluation See how your days go when you try to observe your world using these lenses…Which lenses do you find that you “pick up” first?

I tend to focus on sociology and psychology, with a huge interest in geography and religion…Then again, I love them all!

Thanks for joining me…~Mr. K.

No comments:

Post a Comment