Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 0- Departure Day Looms

More than a year of planning came down to the last forty-eight hours. Sorting, packing, planning, making it all work right. Target departure time is for 8:00 A.M. and the first destination is Toledo, Ohio. It's hard to believe that the departure day is nearly upon me... So much is going through my mind right now...Some of it's the simple stuff: Do I have everything I need? Where's the red bag?

Other thoughts are more profound: How will this change me? What new experiences will enrich my life in the coming weeks? How will I see the world in a different way? When you're standing at the precipice of an adventure, you're really stepping into the unknown. Certainly there are the plans, but plans change and I'm getting ready to tackle three weeks of activities that aren't even on my radar yet...What to see, how to spend the next hour? Where to eat? Do I have to leave NOW?

The musician John Lennon mentioned that "life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." I've made some plans, but now the life part of the plan will begin to take shape in approximately six hours and forty-five minutes.

One of my favorite expressions is that even the longest journey with the first step...

Tomorrow is that first step. Thank you for joining me...Let's see how it goes!

 ~Mr. K.

2 comments:

  1. Remember (Trip , (the point of a journey, is not to arrive). Safe travels my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beginning a long, wonderful journey...soaking up all of the details!

    ReplyDelete