Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 4- Niagara Falls - Albany, NY

        
Today was a travel day that took me from the Niagara Falls, NY into its capital, Albany, NY. The 300 mile journey highlighted the transition from plaines to the foothills of the Adirondacks. Tomorrow is reserved for a day of exploration of the area, including the Saratoga Springs area and the Saratoga National Historic Park.
Dinner comes with a story as I ventured to a restaurant in a seemingly defunct industrial part of town that was home to a WONDERFUL German restaurant. German food tonight was quite apropos as German immigrants share a long history with the 300 year old city of Albany. Even more exciting is the fact that my ancestry includes a good serving in the mix. As such, I felt like I was “coming home” again to a meal that satisfied my soul. I enjoyed a German sampler dish that had all of the culinary highlights from a German kitchen: Bratwurst, schnitzel, spaetzle, potato pancakes, and a heap of sauerkraut. Wonderful!
Wolff’s prides itself on serving good German comfort food.
 To my mind, they succeeded!
What are your favorite comfort foods?  ~Mr. K.


No comments:

Post a Comment